Flood damage

What to do if your home has been flooded?

If your home or business has been flooded, then you will need an Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) from a registered electrician. This will identify the condition of the wiring and electrical equipment that is in need of repair. This includes testing all fixed equipment, such as, an electric cooker, storage heaters, boilers, etc. and the portable electrical appliances affected by the flood.

It is very important that you do not attempt to turn back on the electricity mains supply until an electrical safety assessment has been done.

Call me today to arrange an Electrical Assessment of your flood damage on 020 3662 3589 or 078 2544 7057 or emailĀ hello@electricjames.com

You can find out more about what to do once the flood water has gone on the Electrical Safety Council Website.

NB: Electric James is a fully qualified Part P registered Electrician. I work to the UK national safety standard (BS 7671) and will give you a safety certificate to confirm that my work has been designed, inspected and tested in line with that standard.

The Health and Safety Executive website has more information on the Electrical standards and approved codes of practice.